In this post you will learn how to create a Domain in Weblogic server in which both Admin and Managed servers (soa_server1) will run on a single JVM. To know the advantages of running both Admin and Managed servers in a single JVM read my previous post.
If you want to create a WebLogic domain with Oracle SOA Suite in the WebLogic server, you must install Oracle SOA Suite (C:\ORACLE_SOA11g\Oracle_SOA220.127.116.11) in the same Middleware Home (C:\ORACLE_SOA11g).
1) Start the Configuration Wizard from the Start Menu as shown below –
2) Select the ‘Create a new WebLogic domain’ option and click Next as shown below –
3) Select the options as shown below and click Next.
6) Select “JRocket SDK” from Available JDKs as shown. Please do not select “SUN SDK” as it was giving me errors while accessing the Domain. Not sure when it need to be used. So for now you can proceed with ”JRocket SDK“.
7) Provide values for DBMS/Service, Hostname, Port and Schema Password as shown below. In my case, I had used XE database and given same password for all schema while creating using Repository Creation Utility (RCU). So my password is Welcome1 and click Next
Now You have created a Domain in Weblogic server in which both Admin and Managed servers (soa_server1) will run on a single JVM.