Once after we install Oracle Service Bus 10.3, we need to create a new domain using the Configuration Wizard in order to access the OSB console screen. You can invoke the Configuration Wizard in the graphical mode or console mode. I have used the Configuration Wizard in graphical mode. To create a new domain in graphical mode follow the below steps –
1) To start the Configuration Wizard in graphical mode, choose the Configuration Wizard option in the Oracle WebLogic group from the Windows Start menu:
Start > All Programs > Oracle WebLogic > WebLogic Server 10gR3 > Tools > Configuration Wizard
2) The Configuration Wizard will open as below and select the “Create a new Weblogic domain” option and click Next –
3) The “Select Domain Source” screen will appear as below, select “Oracle Service Bus” check box under “Generate a Domain configured automatically to support following products” and click Next –
If you need Workshop for developing the OSB services, select “Workshop for Weblogic 10.3” check box in below screen. In my case, I need Workshop.
4) In the Configure Administrator Username and Password page, configure a new administrator user name and password. You can use the default weblogic user name, but you must create a unique password. Then click Next
5) In the Configure Server Start Mode and JDK page, Development Mode is selected as the default startup mode for the WebLogic domain. Accept the default settings and click Next.
6) In the Customize Environment and Services Settings page, the default customization option for the environment and services settings is No. Click Yes to change the Listen Port in Configure the Administrator Server page. In my case I selected No. As I have selected No, I will not be able to view Configure the Administrator Server page.
7) In the Create Weblogic Domain page specify the domain name and click Create. I given my domain name as “base_domain“
8) The Create Domain page appears with progress bar as below –
9) When the domain is created successfully, Click Done to finish. Now a new domain is created with name “base_domain” as shown below –
To Start Oracle Service Bus
You can start Oracle Service Bus using one of the following methods:
1) On Windows systems, from the Windows Start menu, select:
Start > All Programs > Oracle WebLogic > User Projects > domain_name > Start Server for Oracle Service Bus Domain
For example, to start the server for the base_domain domain select Start > All Programs > Oracle WebLogic > User Projects > base_domain> Start Server for Oracle Service Bus Domain