- Tortoise Version Control
- CruiseControl 2.7.2 dump
Steps to follow:
1. Install SVN 1.4.5 & Make the SVN as windows service, using the following command in the command prompt.
sc create svn binpath= “C:\svn\bin\svnserve.exe –service -r C:\repos” displayname= “Subversion Server” depend= Tcpip start= auto
Make sure the key value pair should have one space after = sign.
This will start the service automatically for you.
For delete the process is simple sc delete svn displayname= “Subversion server”
2. Install Tortoise Version Control.
If you get the following error while connecting to Subversion using TortoiseSVN:
Error: PROPFIND request failed on ‘/path/to/SVN’
Error: PROPFIND ‘/path/to/SVN’: could not connect to server (https://sample.svnserver.domain)
First check whether you have set the proxy connections correctly in the Tortoise settings.
3. Place the CruiseControl 2.7.2 dump wherever it is required in the server system. (eg: E:\softwares\CruiseControl\cruisecontrol-bin-2.7.2\).
Note: Do not use CruiseControl 2.7.1 with SVN version 1.4.5, in doing so you will face few errors while connecting to the remote SVN repository.
4. Place the Jdeveloper11g wherever it is required in the server system. (eg: E:\Jdeveloper11g\).
5. For the project to which we need to build continuously, create a folder with the project name (say “Continuity360”) under projects folder in cruisecontrol folder (say E:\softwares\CruiseControl\cruisecontrol-bin-2.7.2\projects\Continuity360\dev\ continuity-adf).
6. Check out the code from the SVN by using the tortoise checkout option from the following location (say https://oraclecontinuity360.ocsprojects.com/svn/oraclecontinuity360/trunk/dev/continuity-adf/)
7. Initaially we do not have “classes” folder in ModelPlan and ViewController projects under E:\softwares\CruiseControl\cruisecontrol-bin-2.7.2\projects\Continuity360\dev\ continuity-adf.
8. So create a folder named classes in the following locations.
Once after doing this we have to accept the certificate for the SVN to access. So use the following command in command prompt to achieve this.
svn update “E:\softwares\CruiseControl\cruisecontrol-bin-2.7.2\projects\Continuity360\dev\ continuity-adf”
This will prompt you with few options. Select “P” from them and click enter. By doing we do not face any error regarding the SVN certificate.
Set ANT_HOME= E:\softwares\CruiseControl\cruisecontrol-bin-2.7.2\apache-ant-1.7.0 and
Set JAVA_HOME= E:\Jdeveloper11g\jdk and
Start the Jdeveloper11g by double clicking the Jdev.exe icon in E:\Jdeveloper11g.
Start the PreConfigured OC4J server by going to the following location.
Tools–>Start Webcenter PreConfigured OC4J .
You can access the preconfigured OC4J by the following url.
Now we have to start the cruise control. Go to the location in the command prompt where the CruiseControl 2.7.2 has placed (say E:\softwares\CruiseControl\cruisecontrol-bin-2.7.2\).
Now run the cruisecontrol.bat file. By this CruiseControl will get started. You can access the cruise control by using the fllowing url.
Note: CruiseControl will use the default port 8080. In case if this port number is being used by any other service we have to change the port number in cruisecontrol.bat and cruisecontrol.sh to required port which is free to use.
Now you are done with the setup steps. You can use the CruiseControl for Continous Integration by editing the config.xml file, which is located in the CruiseControl folder (say E:\softwares\CruiseControl\cruisecontrol-bin-2.7.2\)